Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CADSTAR Viewer: How to show the Pin Number of a Component in PCB

Status
Not open for further replies.

HHH-01

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am using CadStar Design Viewer 2020 to review a PCB design, and wonder if there's a way to show component's pin numbers.

I know Altium and Cadence can enable that feature, but not sure if it's possible with Cadstar. Currently, I have to manually click to each pad to see its pin. As the first picture below, I have to click to a pad of an IC23 to verify whether it's pin#1 or not. On the 2nd picture, the Alitum footprint can show it's pin number and description.

Any suggestion?

Thanks,
-
HHH

CadStar PCB
1622576622102.png

Altium PCB for reference
1622576905992.png

ISTR that CADSTAR cannot display pad numbers for all pads, although if you hover the mouse over a pad it does display it.
You have the option "first pad" to change the colour of pad #1, this is in colours/highlights and should apply for both the design editor & viewer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back