Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cadence Schematic - How to detect a floating 'input output' gate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fooliojp

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

We recently discovered two transistors connected together via their gate terminals. The connecting net only connects from gate to gate and nowhere else in the schematic. Unfortunately the gate pins for these two transistor devices are defined as direction 'input output'. Therefore the Cadence schematic check does not flag them as floating. If the pins were defined as input pins then this floating connection would have been flagged as there is no input to either gates.

Is there a way I can detect this circuit condition using Cadence's provided checks or a custom SKILL check?

Thanks in advance

Is there a way I can detect this circuit condition using Cadence's provided checks or a custom SKILL check?
Thanks in advance

Can you provide a schematic? Usually Cadence will show you the flag when you click on 'check', it show how many pins or wires that are not connected.

You could put the PDK transistors inside a
schematic / symbol pair of your own making,
and make the gate terminal of -that- an
input.

You could copy the PDK device local and
edit its symbol pin type property to "input".

SKILL, I got nuthin'.

In theory is possible to create schematic rule which flags it. The problem is, noone drive Cadence to documented SRC enough with good examples.

One of the alternatives is to perform one of the spectre checker, like floating node check and look for the results. It needs short simulation but gives you a list of only gates connections in circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back