Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

BSIM Parameter extraction in Cadence

Status
Not open for further replies.

T8P1

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

My Problem is to get the bsim parameter from a 0,35µ process. I use a 0,25µ process from a other company and get the bsim model data of the nmos by a dc analyze and with the option print - model parameter.
But the same way with the 0,35µ process i do not get the information. Someone told me, that i have to look in the model card, but i do not know how to find it.

Is there another way to get the bsim parameter data, or where i find the model card in cadence?

T8P1 said:
Is there another way to get the bsim parameter data, or where i find the model card in cadence?
In the Cadence software suite you will only find process-independent models, e.g. SPECTRE models here: $CDS_INST_DIR/tools/dfII/samples/artist/models/spectre/*.scs

Process-dependent model files reside somewhere in the fab's PDK suite. If your simulator can find it, just check your simulation setup - as your simulator does it - to find the file. Perhaps it's also logged in your sim .log-file.

General info about BSIM you can find here: https://www-device.eecs.berkeley.edu/~bsim3/

Process-independent default values for BSIM models you can also find in the Spectre_Circ_Sim_Ref.pdf below, s. e.g. p. 188 ff .

Attachments

• spectre_circ_sim_ref_1411.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 280

T8P1

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
thank you.
found the date in $CDS_INST_DIR/...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor