Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

BPSK modulation of a baseband signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

preethi19

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I was reading a paper abt baseband digital transmitter. It was put that the preamble is composed of BPSK symbols ie (1,-1). Suppose we give a digital input to a BPSK block, this binary data is multiplied with a sinusoidal carrier wave and phase is shifted. I get this part but wat will the BPSK output be... Because later the BPSK output wave is differentially encoded and this differential encoding is done on a digital output sequence got from the BPSK output. But how can a BPSK give out a digital output. Because i saw In BPSK modulation binary data is multiplied with carrier wave and the BPSK output is got to be a analog wave( carrier wave) which is phase shifted. So how can this analog wave be differentially encoded. Or is there a way to get digital output in BPSK. I'm totally confused. Pls help. Thank you

Surely the differential encoding/ decoding is done at the baseband level, and not on the modulated carrier.. ?

but in the paper i studied it was mentioned in that the preamble is of BPSK symbols(which means the baseband is already shifted) and is of (1,-1) and this sequence is of c=(c1,c2....cW) and this sequence is differentially encoded where am=cm xor cm-1.... so am is the differentially encoded sequence. So in this case the encoding seems to be done on the carrier right??? sorry if i am wrong but please help..

The transmitter must use a mixer that is switched digitally ( such as diode bridge is a diode XOR gate logic and also a mixer)

The binary signal thus selects the normal or inverted carrier signal 0, or +180 deg for binary phase shift key (BPSK) the baseband signals are often duo binary or bipolar baseband voltages or +v, -v .

the receiver may have many levels of synchronization;
- frequency locked, phase locked
- bit sync, and polarity sync for bi-phase
- byte sync
- frame sync

There are many types of baseband modulation, NRZ, RZ, Bi-ph-Mark, Bi-Ph-Space, Bi-ph.Invert etc etc not be confused with the carrier modulation.

Status
Not open for further replies.