Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

bldc torque and speed control

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdecorme

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
Actually I drive a DC motor in speed and torque at the same time.
I would like to know if there is a solution to do the same with a bldc.
The motor is 50W max.
I can make a custom PCB to use a bldc driver, hall effect input and analod input.
Thanks for your help

Hi,

Out of curiousity I just did an internet search. On the first page I got good hits with dicuments about theory, dedicated BLDC driver manufacturers, datasheets....

Seems your question could be answered with a "yes".

Klaus

The genius of the PMDC motor, is that the force which spins the armature also pulls the next winding into position so it's energized... creating the force which spins the armature.

As the load tends to slow the motor, each winding automatically has longer time to admit increasing current. This adjusts torque in response to the load.

Your brushless control circuit must duplicate the same action. Each current burst shall be intense enough, for a long enough time, so it continues to spin the armature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back