Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

battery operated 200V pulsed DC output with current control

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsPIC-newbie

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pulsed dc current from battery

Does anyone have any ideas on how to make a 200V pulsed DC output (isolated), with current control, powered by 2xAA batteries?
This is going to be used for a muscle stimulator on a project I'm working on for uni.

I have a basic idea on how to do it but I not so sure. To have isolation and to be able to have a large step-up I thought that a flyback converter would be the way to go.
I have been able to get the 200V DC on the secondary of the flyback transformer but I have come across another problem: how to generate the pulses (50 µsec - 2 msec) in an isolated way and also maintaining a very low power consumption.

For the current control I was thinking of using a standard constant current supply configuration(zener + transistor) but there is also the current mirror configuration that could be used but I think that they would both consume the same amount of power.
Anyway, if anyone can give me any help or indicate me where to look for I'll be very grateful.

Ps: Google doesn't have any NEW websites on this for I have been through almost all of them. LoL.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.