Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Basic help in ADS (i think...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pushhead

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
I think this is a basic one. I'm new to ADS. My circuit consists of a FET device+biasing network+matching network.
I'm interested to see the power gain (and other S-parameters) for different values of one of the inductors of the network.
The desire output would be a plot with several power gain traces for different inductor values.
1. How do I start the S-parameter simulation?
2. What blocks should I use?
3. How do I define the sweep parameter and the sweep step?
4. How can I view the desired result traces?

Thanks a lot
P.

First, draw your schematic as you described, and place a s-parameter engine. Then, define the inductor value as a variable, such as "my_L". Then, place a "VAR" block from your tool bar, and define the variable "my_L = 1" (it doesn't really matter what value you give it, you just need to initialize it. Then, place a sweep box (next to the s-param engine) and set up how you want to sweep the variable in there. Also, in the sweep box, you need to define what engine to run. So, if you have a single S-parameter engine, it should be called SP1.

Once you do that, you can just run it, it will run the sweep which will change the value of your variable, run the sim, change the value, run the sim, etc. Then you could plot S-params vs. inductor value.

Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back