Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Anybody ever tried Basso's PWMVM model in simulation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunruns

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am trying to do simulation with Basso's model and find some interesting problem.
Unlike Ridley derived small signal model for ac simulation , Basso uses a uniform model in all dc, ac and transition simulation.

I tried and found some strange error in ac simulation. For example use PWMVM model to do Figure 3-21 simulation. The ac amplitude waveform did not match with book. I re-studied his model and found the formula "EVcp 6 p Value = { (V(dc)/(V(dc)+V(d2)))*V(a,p) }" is root cause. If change it into DCM version "EVcp 6 p Value = { V(dc)*V(a,p) }", the result is right.

So I want to know if anyone meet same problem with me? Or anyone know why is it?

Thank you.

Hi AMSA84, Please check following circuit:
Figure 3-21.JPG

In fact, my confusion is why the average models introduced by Basso can be used in all of transition, DC and AC simulation? Especially, why it can be used directly in AC but not a small-signal model?

Status
Not open for further replies.