Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Altium Designer: synchronizing two libraries

Status
Not open for further replies.

tantudaisu

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Is it possible to synchronize two .pcblib files and find differences?

I'll try to illustrate an example:

Two libraries has same name QFN.pcblib (has 30 footprints) and another QFN.pcblib (has 35 footprints). Some footprints are the same (QFN32 in the first ant same in the second), but there are some components that exists only in first or only on second LIB.

Has anybody know the way how could I synchronize them?

-- tantudaisu --

Hi tantudaisu,

You can do this using Project - Show Differences or Show Physical Differences, if you click on advanced mode you can select each library and then compare them.

Also if the names are the same you can copy one lib into the other and any duplicate component names will be apended with an _ and a number. However this wouldn't account for any differences in pad locations etc.

Hope this helps,
Chris.

This is an exact function I was looking for. Thank you very much.

-- tantudaisu --

I have faced with ECO problem while synchronizing differences.

I have created two Integrated library projects and added .PCBLIB libraries. Then compared two libraries (same name, different components). And selected update actions. See picture.

When I pressed Create Engineering Change Order, I got notice message: Differences detected, but no ECO generated. Please review the Project options.

How to generate an ECO in this situation?

-- tantudaisu --

I've never done this for libraries so can't confirm that it works as it's only two components and you know what they are. You could just copy them from one lib into the other.

There are more components in the lib, only two differences in this example :)
Guess, I'll have to copy all components manually this time.

Hello,

Did either of you ever find an automated way to solve this problem?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back