Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Advice to a Beginner in Electronics

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kim00000

Hello Geeks!
I'm a beginner to Electronics, but I have some experience in Computer Programming which I think would be useful when it comes to programming Microcontrollers and all this robotics stuff...

I just started reading "Electronics For Dummies" few days ago and found it good and simple as a beginner's guide. What's your opinions? What books do you recommend? And what is the difference between "Circuitbuilding For Dummies" and this book?! :smile:

What do you really do in electronics? I mean do you just read schematics and build their circuits, or do you design the whole schematic then build the circuit?

Why some Electronics sites and books like This and "The Art of Electronics" present the subject in some manner that makes me feel they're talking about something else, like they describe stuff like Electromagnetism deeply and some Physical stuff which the book I'm reading (Electronics For Dummies) is not paying any attention but only some high-level stuff and components and how to use them?! Is there a difference between Circuit Designers and Circuit Builders?

Finally, I want some advice on how to start building or designing circuits and what I should do or learn.

Thanks in advance,,,
kim00000

Last edited by a moderator:

Re: Need some advice and help

Dear Kim
Hi
You'd better to start with fundamental of microelectronics . for example , with fundamental of micro electronics , written by Professor Behzad Razavi , or Microelectronics by professor Jacob Millman . or professor Adel Sedra's books . if you correctly build your base , thus you can learn each things easily .
Best Wishes
Goldsmith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back