Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ADS equation driven attenuator

Status
Not open for further replies.

57bel

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I have a formula that determines the insertion loss of an attenuator I built. It is frequency dependent. I was wondering if anyone had an idea on how I could create a component that is modeled by this. The formula is for IL only, not S-Param. I have a data set for frequencies I need. Is there any way to make a frequency dependent attenuator?
Thank you,
57Bel

Similar questions about frequency dependency have been asked many time here.
The appropriate solution is that discussion in my opinion.
Good Morning,
That was an example for impedance. Since I have the insertion loss, would it be accurate to use S2P with s12 and s21 being reciprocals of each other and s11 and s22 to be a perfect match (-100 dB)? Since it is IL and not impedance I do not believe I could use the impedance component. I cannot find an attenuator_eqn component or anything similar. Thanks again for the help!

Ended doing this, Used IL as S12 and S21 with a deg shift based off of the frequency and cable length. Used -100 for s11 s22 with 0 deg shift. Its a rough sim and does not really matter. f there is anything wrong with these assumptions please let me know. Thanks!
-57Bel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back