Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ADS and the Gain of the Antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

savvasha

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello to everybody,

I have a stupid problem with the ADS Momentum. When I use the Post-Processing tool to see the Radiation Pattern in 3D mode, I can see the Gain and the Directivity of my antenna, BUT both are in dB (not dBi or dBd, just dB). In my case the Directivity is 3.21dB and the Gain is 2.62dB.

If now choose the 2D option of the Radiation Pattern so as to extract the values to Excel for the polar plot, I am getting different results. For example, instead of 2.62dB, the max value from tha radiation pattern is 5.25dB.

The designed antenna was constructed and tested at an anechoic chamber. My results are in dBi (because I used a reference antenna). How can I compare my measured results with the simulated results?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back