Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AC Current Sensing Using PLC

Status
Not open for further replies.

khansaab21

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

My current project involves temperature and AC current sensing while temperature is to be displayed on 7 segment displays. 3 displays will be used (temperature resolution of 1 deg is more than enough). Plus, a valve is to be operated proportional to load demand (current drawn by the load). And all of this is being done from a PLC, most probably it would be a very basic one from Fatek having 2 analog inputs, one analog output, 8 digital inputs and 8 digital outputs.

I dont have any thermocouple, 7 segment or AC current sensing add on modules for PLC.

For temperature sensing, I am using a Temperature Transmitter for thermocouples.

I need help for making the display panel and AC current sensing. Is using 3 multiplexed BCD-to-7 Segment Decoder a good idea? (That ll require 7 DO's)

Secondly, I need help for AC current sensing. Sensor is a current transformer. Current range is 1-5 A ac. I need a scheme that converts this current in to a 4-20 mA signal that can plugged in to the Analog input.

Thank you..

Status
Not open for further replies.