Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A Question About Delta Sigma Modulators

Status
Not open for further replies.

naalald

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm designing a 2nd order delta sigma ADC. I want to compare the systematic results with circuit design. In Matlab I have a 73 dB SNDR but in HSpice (all blocks are ideal) I have 66 dB SNDR. I don't know why? What could be the reason?

Hi

I got sigma delta modulator design (.mdl files) from my previous year student. I wanna simulate and have to calculate SNDR/SNR using matlab. I'm using hanning window to get fft. I was wondering how to calculate snr/sndr/dr from matlab.

Thanks in advance

There is maxim application note which describe the matlab routine for the spectral analysis. Check the attachment.

Otherwise there is a routine for SNR calculation in DEL-SIG toolbox. If anybody know the algorithm of this DELSIG routine, please share.

Hi naalald,

The question is too abstract to answer
If possible, share more details about your system (Schematic of both MATLAB & SPICE etc).

Hi

I got sigma delta modulator design (.mdl files) from my previous year student. I wanna simulate and have to calculate SNDR/SNR using matlab. I'm using hanning window to get fft. I was wondering how to calculate snr/sndr/dr from matlab.

Thanks in advance

hi, can u please share the .mdl files of SD Modulator ???

i'm also doing a simulation of sdm.. with simulink block.. but not sure how to calcuate the SQNR. i know need to use FFT block and maybe matlab code to derive the specturm waveform.currently mine is just the simulation waveform.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back