Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

802.11 AP Project (HELP) architecture and RTOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

naelchha

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
802.11 AP Project (HELP)

Hi,

I'm newbie to this cool forum, but also to WiFi.

That's why I would need some help and advice for my project, that I want also to use to learn as much as possible about microcontrollers, 802.11 architecture and RTOS (I know that's a lot for one student's project but that means also more fun!).

The idea is to use the cheapest microcontroller to be interfaced with a basic 802.11 (preferably n, then g, then b in last resort). Everything should preferably be under Linux or BSD (to take advantage from the huge software selection especially VoIP) but in worst cases at least with FreeRTOS.

My problem is I can't find enough ressources to determine if I need to build everything from scratch (especially the 802.11 part, apparently a lot of time) or just use what is available on the market .

My preference for the ucontroller is ARM or MIPS -based (preferably cheap+low power) but as long as it can be interfaced easily to a 802.11 module AND run under a mainstream open source OS that'll be ok :)

I would be very grateful if you can indicate to me some resources or some examples or reference design.

Any help is welcome :D

Nael

Status
Not open for further replies.