Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

433MHz amplifier freq range clarificiaon SKYWORKS

Status
Not open for further replies.

disisku_22

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
433m class c amp

Dear all,

i am planing to use SKY65111 device for wide band amplifier application in ISM band(433, 868 and 915MHz freq band).
But as per the data sheet it say's freq range optimized 600 - 1100MHz.

I need clarification for the following points.

1. as per the gain Vs freq plot Gain is around 31dB @ 433Mhz and referring to S-parameter S11 is -16dB, so can i use this device at 433MHz by tuning the i/p and o/p matching elements.
2. By referring to S- parameter file and tuning the i/p and o/p matching components is it possible to get good i/p and o/p reflection loss.

Since.. i want to use single chip for multiple freq band.

thanks
Roshni

range 433 mhz

According to the gain curve, it has a kind of notch around 433 MHz and shouldn't be used for this application.

I am pretty happy with the SKY65116 at 433 MHz. Try that one.

Rich

Last edited by a moderator:

disisku_22

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Dear all...

Tanks for the reply...

Biff4.. what is the power o/p and vswr you got for this device at 433MHz...

is it possible to share the matching comp value(it will help in reducing my design
time).

thanks and regards
Roshni

The attached pdf "SKY65111.pdf" is not working.
If the device is having cascaded stages then you will end in less tweaking capability.

Dear kspalla,

sorry... attached sky65111 file is S- parameter, pls find the below link to down load the data sheet.

**broken link removed**

thanks
roshni

The notch at 430MHz is coming from interstage matching network and cannot be removed externally. Was done by Skyworks to avoid some potential instability due to high out-of-band gain.

I was getting over 1.5 watts out after the lowpass filter, so It must have been putting out close to 2 watts. Very narrowband operation at 433 MHz running off of a lithium 3.6 V battery (short bursts).

The SKY65116 is already matched to 50 ohms--no matching components required.

It operates almost like a class C amp in that it only draws 300 mA until an RF signal is put onto the input, then the current shoots way up.

Rich

Last edited by a moderator:

Dear all

any device will u suggest for my application:
freq range: 300 - 1GHz
p1dB : 33dBm
Gain : 20dB
voltage : 3.3volts
with PA enable pin option
Thanks
Roshni

Status