Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[General] 3 USB 2.0 Connections to an MCU

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhetoricalcow

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi I'm currently designing a PCB and I want to interface 3 cameras with my PCB. There aren't any MCUs that I could find that had 3 USB Interfaces so I'm thinking about 2 MCUs where one is connected to two cameras and the other is connected to the other camera. How would I transmit the 'alone' camera data from the secondary MCU to the first one? Would I use SPI or some sort of protocol to stream image data? I wanted the images from the cameras to be transmitted to my PC via WIFI/Bluetooth, so I'm assuming I can't interface both of my MCUS to one Wireless transmitter. I apologize if my wording and understanding is basic, I'm a student working on a personal project.

Hi,

USB needs a host and slaves. And it may use Hubs.

So it´r rather common to have one host, one USB_HUB with 3 connected slaves.

Don´t know what your "PCB" and your "MCU" is.
If you give more details you get better suited answers.

Klaus

USB 2.0 is a generation of the standard, no specification of actual connection speed. You should better plan your application in terms of data throughput.

Status
Not open for further replies.