---
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27
  1. #1
    Member level 1
    Points: 1,261, Level: 8

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    32
    Helped
    5 / 5
    Points
    1,261
    Level
    8

    fir filter matlab

    Can anybody help to find our FIR filter design for random noise removal.

    •   Alt9th April 2007, 05:19

      advertising

        
       

  2. #2
    Full Member level 3
    Points: 2,199, Level: 10

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    165
    Helped
    16 / 16
    Points
    2,199
    Level
    10

    matlab noise filter

    What is the type of filter you want? You can use the filter design tool box that comes with matlab (check matlab help).. A simple cammand fir will design the filter for you..


    1 members found this post helpful.

  3. #3
    Member level 1
    Points: 1,577, Level: 9
    Unomano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Minsk, Belarus
    Posts
    40
    Helped
    5 / 5
    Points
    1,577
    Level
    9

    fir matlab

    What kind of signal do you use? Filter must be matched to your signal.


    1 members found this post helpful.

  4. #4
    Full Member level 2
    Points: 1,500, Level: 8

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    134
    Helped
    8 / 8
    Points
    1,500
    Level
    8

    fir filter matlab code

    Your FIR should be a low pass in nature, but the specification has to be extracted from noise spec.



  5. #5
    Full Member level 3
    Points: 2,500, Level: 11
    helios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    148
    Helped
    22 / 22
    Points
    2,500
    Level
    11

    matlab fir

    in general cases

    Find the noise variance or estimate it

    use the "fspecial" to design u r quick gaussian filter

    might work easily ..but it depends of the noise distribution...


    If u want a real good answer....u r questions must be very specific



  6. #6
    Full Member level 1
    Points: 1,550, Level: 8

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    107
    Helped
    1 / 1
    Points
    1,550
    Level
    8

    noise filter matlab

    Quote Originally Posted by ztanish
    Can anybody help to find our FIR filter design for random noise removal.
    please you want filter noise in what frequency?



  7. #7
    Newbie level 3
    Points: 1,041, Level: 7

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4
    Helped
    0 / 0
    Points
    1,041
    Level
    7

    matlab filter noise

    use fdatool in Matlab
    >> fdatool
    br



  8. #8
    Newbie level 4
    Points: 1,053, Level: 7

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    7
    Helped
    0 / 0
    Points
    1,053
    Level
    7

    matlab code for fir filter

    Filtering noise through a simple Low Pass filter will be a naive method but its a good step if its your first try.

    As a first step check out "fir1" in matlab.

    bye.



  9. #9
    Member level 1
    Points: 1,506, Level: 8

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    32
    Helped
    6 / 6
    Points
    1,506
    Level
    8

    filter noise matlab

    Use FDATOOL in matlab. If you type
    >> fdatool
    in command window, Fda tool will be opened. There you can select FIR or IIR filter, order of filter and cutoff freq. of filter (either HPF, LPF or BPF). That code will automatically generate .m file for you.


    1 members found this post helpful.

    •   Alt18th April 2007, 16:18

      advertising

        
       

  10. #10
    Junior Member level 3
    Points: 1,490, Level: 8

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    25
    Helped
    10 / 10
    Points
    1,490
    Level
    8

    matlab fir filter

    Hi,

    Try this " help firwiener " and read how to use. This is easy step to filtering noise and no need to design in "fir" function learn it as benchmark, then u should design parameter of "fir1" for filtering by yourself.



    •   Alt18th April 2007, 16:47

      advertising

        
       

  11. #11
    Newbie level 6
    Points: 1,321, Level: 8

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    14
    Helped
    2 / 2
    Points
    1,321
    Level
    8

    matlab fir filter design

    Quote Originally Posted by maomun
    Hi,

    Try this " help firwiener " and read how to use. This is easy step to filtering noise and no need to design in "fir" function learn it as benchmark, then u should design parameter of "fir1" for filtering by yourself.


    tanks for help



  12. #12
    Member level 2
    Points: 1,368, Level: 8

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    india
    Posts
    38
    Helped
    3 / 3
    Points
    1,368
    Level
    8

    fir filter in matlab

    try using matlab for moving avg filters


    2 members found this post helpful.

  13. #13
    Member level 3
    Points: 1,569, Level: 9
    armess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    64
    Helped
    2 / 2
    Points
    1,569
    Level
    9

    matlab program for fir filter

    give ur email id i 'll send the code to u as a .m file.


    2 members found this post helpful.

  14. #14
    Full Member level 3
    Points: 2,123, Level: 10

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    186
    Helped
    7 / 7
    Points
    2,123
    Level
    10

    matlab fdatool

    you should know what type filter matched to your apllications, LPF,BPF,or HPF, then you should know what charateristic the filter have , such as cut off frequency , ripple wave in passband and attenuation! wish it helps !



  15. #15
    Newbie level 2
    Points: 935, Level: 6

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2
    Helped
    0 / 0
    Points
    935
    Level
    6

    fdatool matlab

    Quote Originally Posted by ztanish
    Can anybody help to find our FIR filter design for random noise removal.
    can u please giv me the code which u had recived...........i hav a project to do
    send tat to my mail id tejaswi.subash@gmail.com

    Added after 5 minutes:

    Quote Originally Posted by cydi
    What is the type of filter you want? You can use the filter design tool box that comes with matlab (check matlab help).. A simple cammand fir will design the filter for you..
    can u giv me the code which u recived tat is matlab code for fir filter design as i hav aproject to do.please do help me
    my email id is tejaswi.subash@gmail.com

    Added after 29 seconds:

    Quote Originally Posted by Unomano
    What kind of signal do you use? Filter must be matched to your signal.
    can u giv me the code which u recived tat is matlab code for fir filter design as i hav aproject to do.please do help me
    my email id is tejaswi.subash@gmail.com

    thank you

    Added after 10 seconds:

    Quote Originally Posted by Unomano
    What kind of signal do you use? Filter must be matched to your signal.
    can u giv me the code which u recived tat is matlab code for fir filter design as i hav aproject to do.please do help me
    my email id is tejaswi.subash@gmail.com

    thank you

    Added after 1 minutes:

    Quote Originally Posted by helios
    in general cases

    Find the noise variance or estimate it

    use the "fspecial" to design u r quick gaussian filter

    might work easily ..but it depends of the noise distribution...


    If u want a real good answer....u r questions must be very specific
    can u giv me the code which u recived tat is matlab code for fir filter design as i hav aproject to do.please do help me
    my email id is tejaswi.subash@gmail.com

    Added after 49 seconds:

    Quote Originally Posted by armess
    give ur email id i 'll send thcan u giv me the code which u recived tat is matlab code for fir filter design as i hav aproject to do.please do help me
    my email id is tejaswi.subash@gmail.come code to u as a .m file.
    Added after 54 seconds:

    Quote Originally Posted by sprao
    Use FDATOOL in matlab. If you type
    >> fdatool
    in command window, Fda tool will be opened. There you can select FIR or IIR filter, order of filter and cutoff freq. of filter (either HPF, LPF or BPF). That code will automatically generate .m file for youcan u giv me the code which u recived tat is matlab code for fir filter design as i hav aproject to do.please do help me
    my email id is tejaswi.subash@gmail.com.



  16. #16
    Newbie level 1
    Points: 596, Level: 5

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    chennai
    Posts
    1
    Helped
    0 / 0
    Points
    596
    Level
    5

    noise filtering matlab

    clear all;
    close all;
    rp=input('enter the pass band ripple');
    rs=input('enter the stop band ripple');
    fp=input('enter the pass band ferquency');
    fs=input('enter the stop band frequency');
    f=input('enter the sampling frequency');
    wp=2*fp/f;
    ws=2*fs/f;
    num=-20*log10(sqrt(rp*rs))-13;
    dem=14.6*(fs-fp)/f;
    n=ceil(num/dem);
    n1=n+1;
    if (rem(n,2)~=0);
    n1=n;
    n=n-1;
    end
    y=boxcar(n1);
    b=fir1(n,wp,y);
    [h,o]=freqz(b,1,256);
    m=20*log10(abs(h));
    subplot(2,2,1);
    plot(o/pi,m);



  17. #17
    Advanced Member level 4
    Points: 19,911, Level: 34
    Aya2002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    1,143
    Helped
    394 / 394
    Points
    19,911
    Level
    34

    fir filter design matlab

    Quote Originally Posted by pranchith
    clear all;
    close all;
    rp=input('enter the pass band ripple');
    rs=input('enter the stop band ripple');
    fp=input('enter the pass band ferquency');
    fs=input('enter the stop band frequency');
    f=input('enter the sampling frequency');
    wp=2*fp/f;
    ws=2*fs/f;
    num=-20*log10(sqrt(rp*rs))-13;
    dem=14.6*(fs-fp)/f;
    n=ceil(num/dem);
    n1=n+1;
    if (rem(n,2)~=0);
    n1=n;
    n=n-1;
    end
    y=boxcar(n1);
    b=fir1(n,wp,y);
    [h,o]=freqz(b,1,256);
    m=20*log10(abs(h));
    subplot(2,2,1);
    plot(o/pi,m);
    please run it and give us the input with the output

    thanks



  18. #18
    Advanced Member level 3
    Points: 9,408, Level: 23

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Sindh, Pakistan
    Posts
    909
    Helped
    178 / 178
    Points
    9,408
    Level
    23

    fir in matlab

    for good results you may want to use either Kaiser's or Blackman's window. The rectangular window wold not give good attenuation in the stop band


    1 members found this post helpful.

  19. #19
    Newbie level 2
    Points: 548, Level: 4

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    N.I.T.,kurukhetra
    Posts
    2
    Helped
    0 / 0
    Points
    548
    Level
    4

    Re: Matlab code for FIR filter design

    i want a matlab code for filter design using kaiser window



  20. #20
    Newbie level 3
    Points: 649, Level: 5

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    bangalore
    Posts
    4
    Helped
    0 / 0
    Points
    649
    Level
    5

    Re: Matlab code for AWGN filter

    Hi all.
    i have added AWGN to my speech signal, how to filter it out,?
    how to know the frequency of the gaussian noise that i have added, plz do reply



+ Post New Thread
Please login
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast