Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for calibrated antenna for 2.45GHz

Status
Not open for further replies.

HS

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Where can I get this calibrated antenna for 2.45GHz ?
Thank you in advance !
Ted

do you want to build from scratch, get a kit, or buy one.

please be more specific

Azulykit,
Thank you very much for your answer.
I went to their website and seems very nice and documented.
I am going to contact them Monday morning.
-------------------------------------------------
Ultrabrains,
Yes, indeed I am looking to build myself the anechoic chamber rather than looking and waiting 10 years for money spending approval for this expensive tool to buy from a professional supplier.
I have already the anechoic box ( 7' X 3' X 3' ) and I am struggling in finding a good calibrated antenna and I hope somebody at work will help me building a software in "labview" to control a "home made" positioner and the spectrum analyzer in colecting data.
The antenna I am going to test is not big ( range of 24mm square ).
I really appreciate any help regarding this "crazy" adventure called: anechoic chamber calibration. If I am going to fail, a lot of people will be "mad on me" and I don't want it to happen.
Thanks again in advance for any good idea.
I will really appreciate any help.
Have a very nice day.
Ted

Hi HS,

I saw your note. Thanks.

You might want to consider setting up an outdoor range and bypass the complexity and cost of an anechoic chamber. If you have a flat roof or open field available that might be a more practical (e.g. faster and less expensive) solution.

The chamber you have in mind might be a little small as absorber in that band is on the order of 6 to 12" thick. That does not leave much room inside. I wouldn't expect much from a 24 mm antenna at 2.4 GHz, you probably need closer to 75 mm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back