Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need a NiMH battery charger CKT

Status
Not open for further replies.

spkirankumar

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
tea1104 schematic

I want to use a contant current source to charge 2 NiMH batteries (1.2V each) which are connected in series, using 5V input voltage. I want to control the charging current using PWM of the frequency 100 HZ from microcontroller. Please reply me with the circuit....

Here is a circuit that, using PWM, sinks 4-20mA:

It can be easily modified to become constant current battery charger ..

Regards,
IanP

vai said:
Why dont use chargers for it.
U can use NXP's TEA1104 or Texas bq2000.
I can use this IC's for NiMH charging. But my requirement is to build a constant current source using transistor and to vary the output current using pulse width. I am using PIC microcontroller in my application. So i am using same PIC to sense the battery voltage, according battery voltage i like to vary the charging current. If i get any IC, in which output current can be controlled by PWM, is OK.

Check out MAX712/713 and DS2715.
These seem to provide simple NiMH battery charging solutions.

Status
Not open for further replies.