Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Fixed Wimax & Mobile Wimax

Status
Not open for further replies.

gimseng_lau

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can someone advise me on the difference between Fixed Wimax and Mobile Wimax ? and why do they have such a name like that ?

In the mobile version the mobile stations only transmit some of the OFDM subcarriers. They are all synchronized so that the total group of subcarriers from all users arrive at the base station aligned.

Reactions: AHH009

AHH009

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
I know that fixed wimax is based on the OFDM modulation scheme, the mobile OFDM in the other side is based on the OFDMA modulation tech'

Added after 1 minutes:

But my question now around the equipmets, is it the same for both mobile and fixed wimax??

hi
no,The equipmets are different

Could you please brief me:

What is differene between LTE and WiMax

LTE (Long Term Evolution):
is the 3.9 Generation which includes variable bands(band width) from 1.25 Mega Hertz to 20 Mega Hertz and the Frequencies Allocation are many bands around 900 M, 1900 M and 1700 M that for what i'm studying in the mobile communication subject .
its modulation is OFDMA (used for down link) & SC-FDMA (Single carrier freq division multiple access used for Up Link).

Wimax : new technology from wi-fi and i think its not a system or a generation like people say. it is faster ,i think it goes up to 100 km (coverage area), with high data rate might be up to 1 GB/s which is so incredible, when u r driving ur car u can use wimax whatever ur speed is but up to 120 km/s

i'm searching about ur question too, and i hope any body could help.

Wimax is a system or an application like GGSN or SGSN which added to a system ?

and how wimax working on 3.5 Ghz will interface with a system like GSM or UMTS or LTE working in Mega hertz !!!
How will they interface with eachothers ??

Wimax is a wireless broadband standard. The fixed and mobile tells about the range of access.

Fixed Wimax: Broadband access range is fixed. An analogy is cordless handset. The wireless router is an example.

Mobile Wimax: Broadband access can be made where ever you go. An analogy is cellular handset. Tata photon plus wireless broaband is an example.

OFDM for Fixed WiMAX
OFDMA for Mobile WiMAX

In fixed wimax system, FFT size remains fix while in mobile WiMAX system, FFT size can be changed i.e. Scalable OFDM techniques are used in Mobile WiMAX System. As the demand of user bandwidth will change, the size of FFT will also change.

Status
Not open for further replies.