Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

M-Tech/MS through distance education

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivar4ever

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
part time m.tech in manipal

Hi, I am b-tech electronics and communications and want to do Mtech (in electronics and releated specilizaions) thrugh distance eduacation. Please suggest any institutions for the same. (in INDIA)

m tech distance education

Hi Friend,

Which place are you located in India?

The only option that i am aware of is "Bits, Pilani" which conducts distance M.S programmes.

Alternatively you can opt for Part Time M.Tech Programmes.

Cheers,

m.tech distance education

doing a distance education is not advisable since you will not be able to devote yourself fully to the program. better join for a full time program.

ms distance education in india

i am in Bangalore.
i am aware of BITS courses. but they are collaborative programs with
organizations.
ddkrishna, yes u are correct, but this option seems the best to me!!!

thanks a lot

m tech distance education in bangalore

In chennai Sathyabama universty is offering distance education in M.E in applied electronics and M.Tech in vlsi design. u can better checkout for details in www.sathyabamauniv.ac.in

m.tech through distance education

as per **broken link removed**
the courses you mentioned are full time courses!! :|

part time m tech in chennai

no u have distance education also there. becoz i studied there only. may it is not displayed on the site. u have Applied electronics as the specialization for doing post graduation. and fees is around 20000 per sem. better u call to the administration department.

part time m.tech in chennai

Hi,

Apologies for the delay....I Had my exams.

You can try the option that i am doing.

VTU (Karnataka) has part time M.Tech courses in VLSI & EMBEDDED SYSTEMs ( Which i am currently doing - rightnow completed 2nd semster....still 4 more to go...). The colleges that offer in bangalore is BMS & UTL,

If you are interested to know the details, let me know, i shall get u the info.

Cheers,

Kiran

ivar4ever

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
ms in distance education in india

Hi,

Referring to your earlier mail, please fine my response: ( I have preffered to reply to the EDAboard post itself, as it might help others as well)

VTU offers a 3 year partime course. You can take up the course either by writing PGCET (**broken link removed**) or through all india Gate exams (Priority for Gate candidates). The PGCET exams will generally be conducted somewhere in June/July ( I don't think you can take up this year).

The branches for M.Tech course that are available for Electronics & Computer Engineers are : VLSI & Embedded Systems or Computer Network Engineering. (I have opted for the first one).
The first 4 semesters will have theory papers (10 subjects).The Semester exams are of ONLINE type (Not the conventional exams).

The course fee is Rs. 40000/- per year ( for 3 years it would cost you Rs. 40000 + Rs. 40000 + Rs. 40000 = Rs. 1, 20,000) if you are taking up the course in BMS college of engineering.

The only criteria for writing PGCET for Part-time M.Tech Course is that you should have scored atleast 55% in BE/B.Tech and should have atleast 3 years Work Experience from the date of Graduation. I have attached the Syllabi for the course too.

Cheers,

Kiran

distance ms

Apologies,

The Earlier mail didn't have the chain mail asking for the info: Here it is:

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, July 04, 2007 10:21 AM
To:
Subject: [Question or Comment from EDAboard.com]

Enquiry: Re: M-Tech/MS through distance education
Hi Kiran,
I am interested in the VLSI/Embedded Systems PG course through VTU.

Please send me more details regarding it.

thanks in advance
ivar4ever@gmail.com

ivar4ever

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
part time mtech in chennai

hi
I am interested in PG course in VLSI
presently i am working in VLSI domain...in noida
Please send me details of institutions which offer distant eduction in M.TECH VLSI

distance m tech in india

Hi i m from gujarat..

Is it possible KIRAN to do this course from here ?

vtu m tech distance learning

Hi Dharmesh & Geetha,

This is not a Distance Education Programme, but a Part Time Course.
You have to be in the 40 Km Radius of the college you are enrolling.

Cheers,

Kiran

m.tech distance education in hyderabad

Hi Kiran,
Thanks a lot for the information you have provided about VTU. I tried to open the URL "http://pgcet.vtu.ac.in/" but was unable to open. Could you please help me in getting the information about PGCET 2008. I can not see any details about this on "http://vtu.ac.in/" also. I have done MCA and want to do M. Tech in Computer Science and Engineering in Part Time. I am working in Bangalore. It would be great if you can respod me ASAP.

Thanks,
Krishna Kumar Sinha

ms distance learning india

you can do m.tech in various IITs NITs and other govt engg colleges

bits ms distance education

Hi,

U can enroll yourself with manipal uiversity. They offer MS in embedded,VLSI , Software systems etc. You have to attend weekend classes. U can also continue ur education when u get shifted to chennai or hyderabad as manipal university study centre is located there also

distance m.tech in india

Hi rajeshkumar123, Can you please provide us the link?.. I'm not able to find the link...

Thanks

m.tech distance education in bangalore

Hi,
Thanks man.. Does anyone can apply for this course or only corporate guys( IBM, TI, Infineon, etc...)?. I'm living in Noida.

Kumar

bits distance education ms

hi kumar,

U must be working and ur company must provide consent letter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back