Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me solve a clock skew and clock rate equation

Status
Not open for further replies.

A.Anand Srinivasan

Advanced Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
my friend gave me a complex equation relating clock skew and clock rate.... it goes like this
Tclk ≥ Tsetup + Tcombinational + Tslew...

I've been trying to resolve and find how this equation resulted but without luck.... can someone help me.....

Re: clock skew

This equation signifies that "considering a digital circuit as a flip-flop followed by a combination logic followed by another flip-flop...... the clock period should be atleast equal to the clock-q delay of the first flip-flop plus the combinational delay plus the setup time of the second flip-flop..... suppose the clock arrives faster than this... the data at the second flip flop would not be valid.... becoz it wouldnt have propagated by the time and would have become valid"..............

Equation for set up and hold time

Attachments

• multiple_clock_remedy_1820.pdf
    292.5 KB · Views: 152

Refer this u can get some idea friend

A.Anand Srinivasan said:
my friend gave me a complex equation relating clock skew and clock rate.... it goes like this
Tclk ≥ Tsetup + Tcombinational + Tslew...

I've been trying to resolve and find how this equation resulted but without luck.... can someone help me.....

Here is the explanation for that equation..

first u want to know the meaning of T setup , T comb delay and T in-out..
T setup : The time for which the ip has to be before the clock transtion occurs.
T com Delay :the max time delay of the combination circuit in the circuit

T in -out: the time taken for the signal to propagate thr the flops i.e the time after which the i/p has the effect at the output...

Taking into these def, the clock time period should be atleast greater than r equal to the sum of above terms...

IF this condition is not met , the clock time period ll be less than the time taken for results to come out of the circuit

HOPE THIS ANSWER EXPLAINS U WELL..

ALL THE BEST.

Regards,
Venkatesan.s

Added after 1 minutes:

Shans60 said:
Refer this u can get some idea friend

To SHANS60,

When i download that file, its saying file is corrupted..
So can u pl post that file again..???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back