Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

About the degree of parallelism of a time-interleaved ADC

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilco

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi:

It's very simple:

I can't understand why in fig 3 of the well known paper "A 10-bit 200-MS/s CMOS Parallel Pipeline A/D Converter" of Waltari and Sunamen, where the authors study the effect of the degree of parallelism on the current consumption for a 10 bit ADC, the linear part of the curve ( when the SR limitation is dominant) is equal for 2 and 4 channels(B=1,M=2 and B=1,M=4).In that figure, the 2 curves overlap in the SR range..

I've been looking different ref's, but I don't find an explicit answer to my question.

So, is always the current consumption caused by the SR limitation independent from the number of channels in a time-intyerleaved ADC ??

This is important for me because this shape of the curve makes a 2-channel ADC the best option under certain corner frequency.

Thanks a lot for ur answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back