Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AT89s51 programming help

Status
Not open for further replies.

vijayragavalu

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
at89s51 programming

hi
i would like to make own programmer for at89s51/52/53 and avr.In this serial Programming(ISP) mode i am not able read the memory,when i send read commands(as per document doc2487-command is 0x20,0x00,0x00--- 0th memory) after program enable(cmd is 0xAC,0x53,0x00, and get back 0x69).

what actualy i am getting when i read the memory is

when i read 0th memory i get back 0x00
1st memory -- 0x01
2nd memory -- 0x02
3rd memory -- 0x03
0xFDth memory ---0xFD
0xFEth memory --- 0xFE
0xFFth memory --- 0xFF

but my Erase cycle is working fine(when i send erase cmd 0xAC,0x80,0x00,0x00)

i dont know what is the problem please rectify it

thanks in advance

at89s51 serial programming

vijayragavalu said:
hi
i would like to make own programmer for at89s51/52/53 and avr.In this serial Programming(ISP) mode i am not able read the memory,when i send read commands(as per document doc2487-command is 0x20,0x00,0x00--- 0th memory) after program enable(cmd is 0xAC,0x53,0x00, and get back 0x69).

what actualy i am getting when i read the memory is

1st memory -- 0x01
2nd memory -- 0x02
3rd memory -- 0x03
0xFDth memory ---0xFD
0xFEth memory --- 0xFE
0xFFth memory --- 0xFF

but my Erase cycle is working fine(when i send erase cmd 0xAC,0x80,0x00,0x00)

i dont know what is the problem please rectify it

thanks in advance

How are you sending the commands? Are you using a microcontroller or the PC's parallel port??

I did this same thing with another 89S51, connected to a terminal program.

vijayragavalu said:
1st memory -- 0x01
2nd memory -- 0x02
3rd memory -- 0x03

are you sure the chip is not locked? The address is usually returned when you read a locked device. If you have verified that the enter programming command is working, and the erase command is working, I suggest you try to read the signature bytes.

Another problem I had at the beginning was the delay before the sck pulse (see below).

(this info can also be found in the datasheet page 20)
"SCK should be no faster than 1/16 of the system clock at XTAL1."

Code:
TX_SPI:
; Shift out a byte, most significant bit first.
; Shift in a byte, most significant bit first.
; SCK expected low on entry. Return with SCK low.
; Called with data to send in ACC.
; Returned with received data byte in ACC.

mov r7, #8 			; bit counter

TX_SPI_Loop:
	mov c,MISO 			; input bit
	rlc a 			              ; move bit into CY
	mov MOSI,c 			; output bit

; add delay here 
;
	setb SCK 			; raise clock
;
; add delay here 

clr SCK 			; drop clock
	djnz r7,TX_SPI_Loop 	; next bit
	ret
;*******************************************************************

hope it helps.

at89s51 isp programmer

hi ctownsend
Thanks for your reply. and i am using atmega8535 ic to program at89s51.i read brand new ic but i failed to get answer(answer should be 0xFF but i get back address).in that datasheet i have small Confusion.signature byte can be read by the command--->0x28,xxxx A11 A10 A9 A8 , A7xxx xxx0, read back Signature byte.. can you explain the commands(what is value of A11 to A7) .

please help me out

programming at89s51

vijayragavalu said:
hi ctownsend
can you explain the commands(what is value of A11 to A7) .
please help me out

I know the atmel datasheet is extremely difficult to understand for this particular command. I did this a very long time ago and I don't remember how I actually figured it out, but I DID get it to work.

A11 to A7 is the address high byte of the signature byte.
I think that is the problem you are having.

the commands would be:

28 20 00 XX < (1st sig byte read)
28 21 00 XX < (2nd sig byte read)
28 22 00 XX < (3rd sig byte read)

I also did the same thing (ISP programmer) using an avr 90S2313.
Works on both 89S51 and 89S52.

I sent you my AVR source code in a Private message. If you are still in doubt, check one of the latest avr910 source codes for the avr ISP programmer.
I think some of the latest source supports 89S51. I really don't remember since it was a very long time ago that I did this.

Good Luck

serial programmer at89s51

hi ctownsend

still i am getting same error(getting back the address) when i read signature byte

i have sent the code in private message box please check out and tell me what is error in it

thanks in advance

how to programing at89s51

Hi ctownsend
Now the C code is working fine.and your asm code was very usefull to develop my c code thanks a lot.

at89s51 programming code

It would be nice, if you would tell us what was wrong, so that others might avoid a potential pitfall.

JW

at89s51 programming c

well
i made wrong SCK clock frequency in my c code.in avr studio4 compiler i simulate for 4 mhz but my hardware i tried it in 8 mhz with 4mhz code mistakenly. that was my major problem.
Some hardware issues that is i didnt make EA logic high while i program it sothat only i get back what i send to it. now all mistakes were rectified. that's it

delay programs in at89s51 microcontroller

For reading data you should load a small program in the programmer which can interact with your PC request.

programming at89s51

no need. but i have not done direct reading of data from 8051 to PC. i have another(AVR) microcontroller to Write/read the target (8051) microcontroller.

how to programing at89s51 microcontroller

sir,
i want interfacing of microcontroller (AT89C2051)with ic Mt8870

isp programmer at89s51 how to

Hi asks
Sorry for delay still u want 8870 Dtmf decoder interface, come to personal Message. their i will send u the circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.