Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

multiple emitter, collector transistor model!

Status
Not open for further replies.

khalilmonfaredi

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
who knows how i can model a multiple emitter or multiple collector transistor in hspice! thnx.

If there is no special model, use the separate transistor on each emitter (collector) and proportionally instance parameter "area" emitter (collector).

Often the FAB don't provide the multi_E and multi_C model,so you can change the exist model depending the knowledge of electronic device to be the symbol you like.

is this the solution you think?
71_1181251596.jpg

just as MOSFETs have the multiplication factor, look for the presence of "m" for ur model also... otherwise make the emitter area as a multiple of the number of legs of emitter.... or use it in the circuit as u have shown in the picture...

I actually disagree. Modeling multiple emitter devices as multiple parallel once is not correct.
I recommend to look for OLD!!!!! bipolar book (very old I2L, old TTL logic etc). With multiple emits were done logic gates for example and nobody will give you a model - it was all done by hand and required experience.
I would have to dig deep in my head and notes to found out more.
But look to the attached PDF for example

I downloaded the file, I seems too intresting. can you give an hspice simple example?

dear john I send an example to your email, but I have done it the previous (my own way).

in bipolar IC design usually use multi-e/c bjt cell ...but no special model even LVS/DRC , some Fabs have not-complete ruler file

but bjt design model is cheap process ..bjt gumma-pore model not accuracy then CMOS process ..
dont't think too much .. just use parallel

and BJT process usually use with deep Nwell /no deepN , or NPN powerNPN model
no multi-port device model

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back