Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

The startup simulation of LC oscillator?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pillar_chen

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How to setup the simulation of the LC oscillation startup?

In Hspice, setup the .ic with either V(node) or I(branch) for some near osci condition. It will start osci and converge faster to the stable state.

AhQ

u need to specify a inital condition or , make the source as a step not just DC source this help in initiating the oscillation

khouly

Or you can also simulate the noise sources in your circuit, which resembles the operation of a real circuit the most. Startup time may be longer, but is would also be in real life!

You may inject a current pulse (usually 10uA is sufficient) into oscillation node to speed up the oscillation.

i did not setup the initial condition,but the oscillator also oscillate.why

which simulation software did you use?

You can make your VDD as a step source instead of DC source.

radiohead said:
Or you can also simulate the noise sources in your circuit, which resembles the operation of a real circuit the most. Startup time may be longer, but is would also be in real life!
1. How could I simulate the noise source in Cadence?
2. How should I config the options(conservative, moderate or liberal and etc) when I run transient simulation in Cadence to check the start-up period?
The start-up periods are different with different transient simulation configurations. Is "conservative" more accurate?

Thank you

I have designd a crystal oscillator and modeling it with LRC in series. To simulate
the startup by adding the initial current which represent the original energy in the inductor. so I think you can try it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back