Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

battery status indicator

Status
Not open for further replies.

microlab

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hai all

i found there's a BSI (battery status indicator) in allmost all the mobile phone batteries.
what is that?
how it shows that battery status?

regards

sunish

battery status indicator circuit

In battery status indicator , there is one electronic circuit which continuous monitor the level of the battery. For that manufacturer used comparator circuit. If certain level reached then this voltage will turn on the either LED or the LCD screen. This is just simple answer of your question. Hope you have understood

bsi battery size indicator circuit

I am Gaurang Kalathiya.I am a biomedical engineer. i want your help to find answer of my question.my question is"during discharge of battery which parameter decreases is that voltage or current??and to indicate status of battery which parameter should measure??"

please reply
thank you

Regards
Gaurang kalathiya

battery status indicator bsi

Dear Gaurang kalathiya

During discharge of battery which parameter decreases is that voltage or current?
That is the battery voltage only.

To indicate status of battery which parameter should measure??"
Here also battery voltage.

Regards
Chanchal

status battery monitor measure

hi this is satish here now to ur question when a battery discharges its current goes down

circuit schematic of battery status indicator

During discharge, voltage decreases. The amount of decrease in voltage depends on the current consumption of ur ckt.

& for microlab(sunish),
For battery status monitoring, it can be made by compairing the circuit voltage with a fixed voltage(say ZENER diode).
If voltage falls below the ZENER voltage then u can indicate this by an led or else.

If ur query is solved then dont forget to press the help me button.

discharge status indicator in a battery

why battery status indicator needed means
we should know how much power remaining in the battery and these help us to charge your battery when it goes too low ...

Status
Not open for further replies.