Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AC Voltage regulator/Stabilizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

rahulr88

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
site:www.edaboard.com voltage regulator

please help me in finding a circuit for an AC Voltage regulator for household purposes.Voltage fluctuations are frequent in our area.so inorder to rectify the problem i need a 230 voltage regulator circuit...[/code]

Most (if not all) modern household equipement works fine with very wide supply voltage range. The only one of which I can think is a light bulb which will flicker.
Other devices that dislike fluctuating voltage are vacuum tube radios/amplifier/whatever.

So I would ask, why You need such a regulator?

AC/AC voltage inverter (like the one used to control AC motors) is a sulution, unfortunately it's not cheap, and many of them are made to regulate three-phase motors. Also You need to see, if the inverter has an transformer, otherwise it would be unable to regulate until the input voltage is higher than desired output voltage.
The other important issue is the shape of output waveform, it should be true sine, not so called 'modified sine wave'.

Status
Not open for further replies.