Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What EDA tools work on Ubuntu?

Status
Not open for further replies.
gnu electric vhdl howto

not really good

ubuntu cosmos scope

Now more and more people begin to use Ubuntu for its easy using. "apt-get install" command can easy install software. etc

Re: Ubuntu

yes, but EDA support is not yet

Use RHEL 2

what's RHEL?

what's RHEL?
Redhat Enterprise Linux.

for ubuntu it is was not well functional in early stages but it is right now in its 7.04 release. GUI is improved and speed is also improved.
yes, but EDA support is not yet
i don't agree. i am using gnu electric, ngspice ,oregano and qucs. all work fine.

the only thing i dislike in ubuntu is that it does not comes with build tools by default

does it support Cadence IC5141?

Ubuntu

It can run IC5141 fine. I tested on both 6.10 and 7.04. It is an excellent distro indeed.

Fedora is newer version and better version

Better .. can easily access windows files........

The aptget is definately a bonus, especially if you are new to linux environments and are not yet comfortable with installing from source tarballs.

EDA support are ok, since most of the debian based packages can be used, and if a package is not available you could always compile your own from source.

Ubuntu has a VHDL compiler, assembler, programmer for avr microcontrollers, PCB designer, PIC simulator.... Its really a good thing ....also cadence runs smoothly.... It is really great u kno....But actually still i dont find compelling reasons to permanently switch over to ubuntu... I actually switched 3 times in the past two months....it just gets monotonous u kno sitting on ubuntu.....

Ubuntu

is there any way to intall ADS on ubuntu? according to its manual, ADS linux versin only support Red hat among all linux distributions

ADD:
refer to to make ADS work properly in ubuntu

Ubuntu

I have met the same question,I can not setup IC5141 successfully on my ubuntu 7.04,so I have to format it and change to redhat linux,can anybody share some experience on how to setup IC5141 on ubuntu 7.04,many thanks in advance

Ubuntu

what x-server should I use with Ubuntu? gnome or kde? (there's a kubuntu project)

Ubuntu

Ubuntu can use synopsys hspice /cosmosScope tool ??

because Ubuntu supoort new hardware
I find centos 5 still have many problem on new PC hardware .. can not find gerforce new GPU card
can not find RT8169 Gbit Lan card ..

why ??

Ubuntu support mor hardware than centos ??

Status
Not open for further replies.