Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me determine the choke value at 433MHz PA and the SRF value

Status
Not open for further replies.

zhaofeng1983

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, can anybody help me to determine the choke value at 433MHz PA and how large the SRF should be? The file attached is Inductor selection guide from murata.

Re: RF Choke SRF

Your choke impedance should be at least 5 X your output impedance at the operating frequency. The SRF should be higher than your operating frequency. The choke should be of low Q to avoid peaking.

RF Choke SRF

To reduce the Q factor, can I series a low value resitor with the choke?
Now I am working toward a 433MHz 8dBm power amplifier at 2.5V supply under CMOS process. And I am wondering about the optimum load impedance where largest power can be obtained. With some simulations, I found that the optimum load changes with the choke value changes. For example, choke 33nH with Zopt 38-j175 ohm,but choke 100nH with Zopt 166-j435 ohm. Even when the choke value reaches 1uH, the Zopt changes to 1666ohm. I don't know why this will happen.

Added after 5 minutes:

Still another question. Can we still use the equation of Zopt=VDD/(2*Po) under my condition?
If I can use it, the choke has to be as large as 150nH. Actually I get good performance with 33nH choke.
If I should not use this equation to determine the optimum load, which should I choose. Or just through simulation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back