Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Allegro users---Is there snap to pad edge type command

Status
Not open for further replies.

manjeet_hp

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
It is very basic question , but since i am new to Allegro ... i will be having basic questions like this intially .
I am wondering how to measure pad edge to edge size (by default it is snaping to center of the pad) .

Thanks in advance.

Manjeet

There is an another way for measuring the pad size......
For horizontal measurement draw horizontal lines on the edge of the pad and measure the distance between two lines and for vertical do the same..

When you are selecting pin to pin measurment the "Air Gap" is edge to edge size.

Regards,

M

Air gap is distance between the edges of two pads, but how to measure the length and width of a pad..???? Since it is snapping to the center of the pad.

In this case I do one of this:

1) this method is less accurate and depends on how fine is your grids, instead of pins select other segs this gives you close enough dimension of pads.

2) If your padstacks naming are followed by a logical convention you can use info to get the name of pad hence dimensions. Alternatively you can use padstack editor inside allegro to see size for a given pad.

Regards,
M

Hi ...

checking pad size in pad editor is ok.
But in mine case i need to show my footprint to client ...so i want to properly indicate dimensions on the footprint ....which include body size,pad size etc.
But as per discussion is going on it seems that there is no proper command to accurately measure and dimension pad in the footprint itself.If I am interpreting wrong,please correct me.

Regards
Manjeet

hi....
Here is an another way to measure the pad size.
select the linear dimension icon or from dimension...>linear dim option
and disable the options as shown in fig.
then measure the length/width of a pad

If you want to change the dimensions of the arrow lines you can change it from dimension-> parameters. you will get a drafting dialog box along with parameter editing

I did not have any luck with the previous post. It keeps measuring the nearest grid point. Am I missing something?

change the grid settings to least value and try again

Regards
Neena

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back