Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to test an IC or controller?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zyrixx

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How do i know if my IC/controller is good or bad? is there a way to test it using VOM/DMM? thnks

IC tests

write a simple program to toggle all the port pins and check whthr it happens practically.

Re: IC tests

cameo_2007 said:
write a simple program to toggle all the port pins and check whthr it happens practically.

It is the nice plan to check the ic but in this method you have to be sure that in the ic no two/more pins are shorted internally - otherwise for toggling a single pin you need to check all the pins . So you need the pin diagram and Constructional details of that Ic for which the testing will be done .

The other procedure is - create sample program for each input pin with its logic (which you will get from constructional details) and after adding Vcc and GND lines feed those pins the input and check that the IC is maintaining its proper function or not after checking the corresponding output pins.

saubhik said:
be sure that in the ic no two/more pins are shorted internally - otherwise for toggling a single pin you need to check all the pins
the purpose of doing this exercise itself is to make sure whether the IC ids good.
If you are sure enuf before itself,then then why doing it.
saubhik said:
. So you need the pin diagram and Constructional details of that Ic for which the testing will be done .
of course! pin diagram is needed,for playing any game with it
saubhik said:
The other procedure is - create sample program for each input pin with its logic (which you will get from constructional details) and after adding Vcc and GND lines feed those pins the input and check that the IC is maintaining its proper function or not after checking the corresponding output pins.
not clear of what you meant.can you pls put it again in simple terms.

zyrixx said:
How do i know if my IC/controller is good or bad? is there a way to test it using VOM/DMM? thnks

You can use a Huntron Tracker to check the gates of an IC, in or out circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back