Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Congestion after trial route

Status
Not open for further replies.

vreddy

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
can any on tell how my design will b congestion free......

As some of them told that to re- do the placement & re -routing to reduce the congetsion in the design....I did the same but after re-doing thrice I reduced maximum no.of congestions in the design ...again I started for the 4th time then it shows maximum congestion in the design..

May I know wat could b the reason for reducing & sudden increase in the congetsion part of the design??

thanks

Hi Vreddy,

There are many reasons for the congestion. When congestion suddenly occur, then you have to recall what you does did; this is the clue to the cause of the congestion.

In general, look at the layout and the routing to understand the reason for the congestion.

Regards,
Eng Han

Congestion is lack of resources .. so u r running out of ur vertical or horizontal resources..

try to use placement blockage or Block halo around hard marco !!

more over detail rounting sometimes reduces congestion !!
Reasons for Congestion cud be
1) poor floorplanning (check out data flow n do floor planning)
2)no place for buffer insertion (may be due to placing marcos very closely) ..this may lead to placement trap
n many other thigs
Shiv

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back