Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Suiatble Gerber Tool??

Status
Not open for further replies.

cameo_2007

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to procure a Gerber editing tool which can do the job upto 6-layers
Which is the best,suitable,affordable and the source to procure it? or is there any free version to start up with?

regards,
suranand

Hi,

You can try this software called "Excelcam" its freeware and can be downloaded from this site "http://www.reliant-eds.com,"i have been using this Gerber validation for sometime and it features are very similar to Cam350.

Regards

Ramesh

cameo_2007

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
hello,

i think CAM 350 is fine you can use it and it is easy to use also.

ricky

Hi,

Have you used Excelcam anytime?

Ramesh

no this is the first time.i havnt even used any other gerber tools before.what i want to do is i have a gerber file with me,i want to edit a string on that and make a small change in one track. Eg: 'Version 4' to 'version 5' and release it for manufacturing.i used 'add text option' but the font is always a small one.if i again add text by increasing its font,its again the same.i think its only a silly problem,but i'm not able to do..any hints?

Added after 6 minutes:

font is changing,i am talking about the font size..

Hi,

Font size is the problem huh,well with freeware you all looking for the features,which is available in best gerber validation tool.

Remember its an freeware.....In freeware, you can't have all the features compared to best available gerber tool,hope you understand what i mean.

Change the version in the design file and generate the gerbers,its as simple as that,rather then trying and wasting ur precious time exploring.

Regards

Ramesh

I would have done all those homeworks.But No way.
I dont have the pcb layout file fo that design.only way is to edit in the gerbers.Thats why i'm messing up with gerber tool.Fine,I am going to manage with the default font.

thanks

GC-Prevue wont do that, its for viewing only.

What you need is an actual editor, there are not many around that allow you to edit and create new gerber files for free.

cameo_2007

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
exactly..thats what i finally understood.
there are so many free downloads.
most of them just allows you to view it,some allows you to edit,but cant save it,and some allows you to edit some parameters,and not all,,,list goes like that.
No escape,,got to buy a full verison!! mm!! let me check my pocket!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back