Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

modulation recognition algorithm

Status
Not open for further replies.

sohaib ali

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
modulation recognition

hi,
can anyone proivide me with any algorithm that can detect modulation scheme of a signal in matlab

instantaneous frequency matlab hilbert

i also want the matlab files about any modulation recognition algorithm, who can upload or provide links, thanx

matlab code + modulation recognition

In order to find out the presence of modulation you can use numerous techniques.

First of all, try to estimate instantaneous frequency (IF) of the signal. It may be done with the use of the conception of analytic signals and Hilbert transform. But there are several limitations on the signal you must take into account. These limitations are connected with narrow-band spectrum, otherwise the Hilbert transform is deprived of any sense (remember rectangular impulse, which has wide-band Fourier spectrum - it's amplitude envelope, counted by Hilbert transfor, is useless!!!). For counting instantaneous frequency use the techniques of numerical differentiation, and Richardson extrapolation.

Besides, IF can be also estimated by wavelet transform

Another way - depict time-frequency distributions (Wigner-Wille, wavelet, Hilbert). The view of spectrum helps find out the presence of amplitude and frequency modulations. The disatvantage - it can't be estimated in numbers from the view.

Finally, have you heard about EMD (Empirical mode decomposition)? It's one of the most powerful contemporary techniques of adaptive signal processing. Besides, it provides you with the opportunity to count IF. I have been working with EMD for 2 years already, therefore i have got enormous experience. Also I have Matlab code on EMD. Indicate your e-mail and i"ll send them to you.

With respect,

Dmitrij

somebody should say this, let me be the one:
Dmitrij is asset to the group. Friend, (comrade must be mighty unfashionable now) you are truly and highly valued.

-b
PS: Folks, how Dmitrij has only 2 "helped" point against his name. If you cant be generous, be thankful.

Re: matlab code + modulation recognition

matlab code + modulation recognition
hi
i am working on discrete time pll
the phase detector is implemented with analytic signal using hilbert transform with modulation
i am new in this field
so provide my help and matlab code for that i start my working
thanking you

ravi kumar
india
email id:kumarravi0086@gmail.com

In order to find out the presence of modulation you can use numerous techniques.

First of all, try to estimate instantaneous frequency (IF) of the signal. It may be done with the use of the conception of analytic signals and Hilbert transform. But there are several limitations on the signal you must take into account. These limitations are connected with narrow-band spectrum, otherwise the Hilbert transform is deprived of any sense (remember rectangular impulse, which has wide-band Fourier spectrum - it's amplitude envelope, counted by Hilbert transfor, is useless!!!). For counting instantaneous frequency use the techniques of numerical differentiation, and Richardson extrapolation.

Besides, IF can be also estimated by wavelet transform

Another way - depict time-frequency distributions (Wigner-Wille, wavelet, Hilbert). The view of spectrum helps find out the presence of amplitude and frequency modulations. The disatvantage - it can't be estimated in numbers from the view.

Finally, have you heard about EMD (Empirical mode decomposition)? It's one of the most powerful contemporary techniques of adaptive signal processing. Besides, it provides you with the opportunity to count IF. I have been working with EMD for 2 years already, therefore i have got enormous experience. Also I have Matlab code on EMD. Indicate your e-mail and i"ll send them to you.

With respect,

Dmitrij

hi
can you send me those files, it would be very helpful.
dewdropz89@msn.com

jess

Hi Dmitrij

Can I also please get the code for EMD?

Thanks in advance.

email:nilomafakher@yahoo.com

Hi Dmitrij,

May I also get teh Matlab code for EMD and whatever else you can spare down the Modulation Recognition path? Thank you very much.

Peter.Ranon (peter.ranon@yahoo.com)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back