Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

interface strain gauge to PC to make a curve

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggots

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
strain gauge how to make

Does anyone how to interface strain gauge data to PC to make a curve???

one option that came to my head is
use ADC in atmega to take data strain gauge . after that i make serial communication from atmega to PC...but I dont know how to make a curve with that data.....!??

second option is use labview...but i dont how to use this thing

can somebody help me??

thanks for caring

maybe you can interface with MATLAB or just use visualBasic to draw...
some time ago, I used AutoIt and fill a Table in EXCEL! that was very nive and slow...

just a few ideas.... ask if you are interested in actual code...

Hi,
I had the same problem a while ago. I like building little projects, but im useless when it comes to programing! I needed several inputs so that I could temperature compensate torque transducers with a full bridge a few at a time. I made my own strain gauge amplifier using the INA118 which is quite cheap and easy to build, and outputting that in a USB interface. Any really can be used, but I chose to buy the USB-1408FS from Adept Science which accepts 8 inputs at once. It comes complete with easy to use software, with the ability to do pretty much anything with the results you get back from it.. if you have the time.

can anyone help in schematic and program to make a curve ??

still dont have a good answer ....

right now , i think i like make a digital oscilloscope and connected to (wheatstone +stain gauge) + opamp...

but i dont have algoritma to make digital oscilloscope with avr atmega ... (source that i have only assembly)in c....

please !! i need soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.