Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to use GPRS using a GSM Modem and 89C51?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghost_rider_001

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
89C51 and GPRS

can anyone help me as to how to use GPRS using a GSM Modem and 89C51. I need it for my project which involves sending some data to a website. Please reply urgently as the deadline is very near and i'm no where near finding a solution for this problem.

89C51 and GPRS

what GSM module?
All GSM modules have their AT-command for controlling GPRS.
I've tried 2 GSM modules, one is Sony Ericsson GR47 and the other is from Telit Gm862. I use hyperterminal to connect GPRS.
I suggest you try using terminal program before interfacing using uC.

Re: 89C51 and GPRS

well i'm planning to use an Enfora SA-GL 1218 Modem. But the thing is that i've heard that when you are planning to use the GPRS feature of a GSM Modem using a micro controller what you need is to program the ip stack and all the related networking stuff. Is this true? if so can you help me in it?
i would be extremly thankfull if you could help me.

89C51 and GPRS

Hmm.. if your GSM module has built in TCP IP stack, I dont think you need to build Tcpip program, just order your uC to control the stack according to Enfora hardware manual.
Mostly,GSM modules have been implemented with built in TCPIP stack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back