Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with flyback transformer design

Status
Not open for further replies.

saurav_sdpl

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i have designed a flyback smps for 4.2V/2A.using TNY268.

Under no-load condition its working fine between 100V ac to 250V ac.

but when i am giving .5A load the voltage dips to 2.9V, ie i am not able to achieve load regulation. Now if i vary this voltage between 100v to 250V , its again regulated at 2.9V.

Is this the problem of transformer or feedback loop.

I have used 3.3V /.5W zener. biasing resistance for zener is 270r, and opto used is SFH6186.

Wat could be the possible causes for this.

its urgent

flyback transformer polarity

saurav_sdpl said:

but when i am giving .5A load the voltage dips to 2.9V, ie i am not able to achieve load regulation. Now if i vary this voltage between 100v to 250V , its again regulated at 2.9V.

I have used 3.3V /.5W zener. biasing resistance for zener is 270r, and opto used is SFH6186.

its urgent

You should post the schematic of your smps.
Do you have read the application notes AN-16, AN-17 and AN-18 about flyback transformer design and AN-23 about Tiny Switch of Power Integration?

regards
Stefano

Re: flyback transformer

One cause could be core saturation in the flyback transformer. How did you select your transformer? If you wound it yourself, how did you select the core material and size?

check the OCP set value.

i thing polarity of zener might may reversed. or zener value will not be proper

saurav_sdpl said:

its urgent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back