Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Communication between PIC 16F877 and PIC 16F877

Status
Not open for further replies.

itsahc

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
communication between pic

Anybody know how to transmit data from one PIC and receive the sending data at another PIC....Hope someone can help by given the coding...thanks

rs232 communication between pic

You can use RS232 communication or i2c communication depending on your needs. if you dont need fast data transfer, you can use rs232.
Greetings

16f877 i2c fast mode

Hi!
In addition to the above described interfaces the 16F877's have a very fast PSP(Parallel slave port). You can use that as well.

Regards.

spi between 16f877a and 16f877a

16f877 can have communication with each other through the SPI module, to be precise through the SPI (serial perepheral interface).
One controller acts as a master and the other as a slave. All the communication is controlled by master. It will decide when to transmit and when to recieve from the other MCU. This method is very easy and can be implemented just by reading the data sheet. Also u need to keep in mind that only the master drives the clk line!

itsahc said:
Anybody know how to transmit data from one PIC and receive the sending data at another PIC....Hope someone can help by given the coding...thanks

Hi
Use I2C prtocol.Its fast and requires only 2 pins, and in future you can connect more devices.Configure one pic in master mode and other one in slave mode.There are sample codes in microchip site.You can use the buit in mssp module or you can use the software protocol.Both are there in microchip site.

Regards
sajeev

You can invent a new protocol. If you aim to have a high bit rate you can use the paralel port with some signalizations.

If speed is very important to your application, then consider using SPI (I2C is far slower than SPI).
Regards

hi
through USART..........

Reactions: witan

witan

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
if u wanna have something wireless, u can try IR or RF

I would sugget SPI or I2C. Problem with Parallel Port is that it eats up so many pins. And you may want to save UART module for host communication :D

Status
Not open for further replies.