Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Using PIC USB physical layer for slave-slave communication

Status
Not open for further replies.

KTy

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
usb physical layer

Hi guys,

(whoa, 7 posts in 5 years :D )

Here is my project, I am digging for feasability...

I would like to build a device that could be connected to a PC as a "normal USB slave device"; for this I was thinking using 18F2550. With the amount of documentation on the net, should be easy...

BUT I would like also that this device can communicate with another one using the same USB differential hardware: it is more robust than I2C for EMI/EMC, it limits the number of connector, it reduces the number of external components... I do not care if it does not use the USB protocol !

So the question is,

Do you think it is possible to "fool" the PIC USB-SIE in order to make a simple bi-dir communication protocol between 2 USB-Slave devices (using PIC18F2550) ?

Any suggestions are welcome !

KTy

two usb slaves communicating

After reading the PIC's datasheet and the USB's specification i think, you must know, it is not possible to connect two "devices".

Re: Using PIC USB physical layer for slave-slave communicati

You seem not to have understood my question/reasonning... :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.