Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with running two cores simultaneously on Virtex E

Status
Not open for further replies.

baa110

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
problem on virtex e

:?: hi all
i have a vhdl code and want to implement it on virtex e board. this board has a pci bus connector.
one company has writen a pci core and imlemented it on spartan ii board successfully.
when i run these two cores seperately on virtex e ,there isn't any error but i couldn't run them togh ether. in this case out put became X. i don't know what is problem. please help me
thanks a lot
baa110

you don't put any inforamtion.
When you implementa vhdl code there is many variables.
When you implement the two cores do you simulate before to test?
May be that when you made a place and route there any net that is critical.
Bye.
G.

As tlp71@hotmail.com said you need to post more information and first of all try to simulate them, don't start rebuilding something just trusting that will work :?

One thing that comes to my mind is that Sp@rtan II is not based in Virtex E technology, is based on Virtex Technology so you might have some issues there.

-maestor

:) hi and thanks for your attention
some information about problem is here.
first core is a simulation of a standard.it occupies only 30k of fpga capacity, but uses 90% of selected block ram of virtex e.it was run(simulation and implement) successfully on virtex e.
second core is a pci core(it is interesting that a unknwon company can write this core very cheap,comparable with xillinx,...)
this core uses a interface program .data input to pci core,than interface convert it to compatible data for standard input.
this core is run without error on virtex e too.(of cource for shortage of selected block ram it wors on 16 bits mode).
now ,when i run this two program erros accure and output of first core become XXXXX. i couldn't run these two cores thoghether.
i hope thin notes are usefull.
king regards
baa110

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back