Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

bootloader for Microblaze on Xilinx EDK

Status
Not open for further replies.

yashmodi

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
microblaze bootloader

Hi,
I am using XPS to program my application onto the Xilinx Virtex2 pro board. The size of the application is upto 1 MB and hence I need to reference instructions from the external DDR memory (2GB). I need to write a bootloader and program the Flash memory with the executable (.elf or .srec) file, such that, on booting, the bootloader would copy the executable to the external DDR at the address which will later be used by Microblaze to fetch instructions. I am facing many problems and am not sure if my approach is right.

1. flash is connected to the microblaze using OPB through the OPC-EMC controller.
2. generate libraries and BSP
3. select the desired executable (.elf) . program flash memory selecting the 'create flash bootloader option'.

on 'program flash' and after the bootloader application is successfully created. the
text window stops at the following error:

XMD%
ERROR: Flashwriter application reported an error: Unable to query target part layout!
Processor started. Type "stop" to stop processor
Flashwriter terminating !

I would be great if someone could help me out with the problem and guide me on how to go about the bootloader. Do we need to modify the Linker script??
Thanks,
Yash

xilinx microblaze bootloader

everyone..please some response on the bootloader :!: the damm thing is just not working...tried so many things out.......!!
~yash

microblaze bootloop

Hi
1.If you have serial port then please check your Flash and SDRAM is working or not by downloading The TEST MEMORY APPLICATION onto FPGA.

2.If this works then download default microblaze_0 bootloop in FPGA. This connects Flashwriter through MDM module to processor.

Check doing this , it has worked for our application.

edk bootloader

are you at China?

You'd consult Excelpoint who is the Xilinx authorized distibutor at China can supply free support to you on embedded solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back