Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PhD topic suggestion!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tieuquaybk

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all!
If one finished university as RF engineer and want to continue to PhD in the trend Telecommunication, then which topics (for PhD dissertation) would you suggest?
It's better to continue with RF design, but this university isn't strong in this trend, so i think of telecommunication.
It's nice of you to recommend me topics that more concern with my base knowledge (start from scratch is too heavy)

Thank a lot

Design and implementation of a basestation for Gigabyte LAN to WIMAX transfer.

thank melc.
how about a topic with more simulation than imlementation

you mean write RF simulation tools? I think that's also very good

@tieuquaybk: Before beginning your PhD work, I think you should attain the Master of Science degree first. And I think after 2 years of working on MSc thesis, you will get deeper into the RF domain.

I would recommend you to think about your PhD dissertation in MIMO systems or in RF measurements

ultra wideband antennas and receivers are an interesting domain to explore

Remember, what ever you do in PhD, I suggest you do a good check of facilities available at the university. RF IC design may be costly interms of software and getting them fabricated at external companies. If you do not receive enough funding for these you'll be in trouble.
If you love doing programming and like playing with equations I suggest you go for a PhD with more theoretical elements. Many unis with less facilities encourage theoretical work.
For Antenna projects you do not have to worry about fabrication much, nevertheless, cost of simulation software and measurement facilities can be extremely high.

if you are intending to do a PhD you should first seriously consider enroling with a supervisor with enough funding. Then do a literature reveiw, which will find you a good topic. This phase of a PhD is full of surprises.

good Luck

my internet's been corrupted last days. :(
First i'd like to thank you all for recommending.
I've got no facilities from University. I have some popular CAD ( and just got ADS 2004A recently.).
Getting IC fabricatted at external companies is impossible, not only because of high cost but also this is not my country (non-native students're not permitted even doing practice in those companies).
That's why i asked you about thessis of simullation. Only in this way i can well control my work.
To binhjuventus: Mybe you're from VN too :p. Thank for ur suggestion, i'll think of it.

Well, from your point of view, The problem lies in the fact that, your university and also your infrastructure in your country do not support the manufacturing of a research product. So you should think about a thesis which ends only at simulation. And I think that, a project on antenna design is best suited. The trend in smart antenna design is an example.
PS. Yes, I come from VN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back