Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

negative-resistance oscillator

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeff_upm

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello. I have a question here. Hopefully somebody can help me. I try to design the negative-resistance oscillator with infineon transistor. To operate the oscillator, I have to apply to input source (voltage) to transistor (dc bias). So, I should apply both dc input or both ac-input to the terminal base and terminal collector.

What is the frequency os oscillation??
AS per i know no input is given to oscillator. Only DC power supply is used to bias the transistor.
for biasing refer the datasheet of transistor & S parameter file for your transistor.

Thank you for your reply, sir. The frequency of oscillation is 2 GHz. I have no idea how to apply the dc power supply to bias the transistor. Is it I have to apply the both dc power supply to the terminal of base (voltage base-emitter, Vbe) and terminal of collector (voltage collector-emitter, Vce) since I made the transistor in common-emitter configuration?

To apply bias u should connect RFC to collector & base terminal.
& then apply the bias.
U can use microstrip line as RFC (select the Z0 as 90 ohm)
Download the data sheet & select your S parameter according to your biasing requirement.
Refer the book RF circuit design by Ludwig

I am sorry, can u tell me what is the RFC? I used the microstrip line with Zo=50 ohm. Is it compulsory for me to use the 90 ohm microstrip line? From an example of a report, I imitate the example by using the dc bias circuit with quarter wavelength in parallel on the base terminal and collector terminal. Is it ok? I will refer to the book that u suggest to me. Thank you.

RFC is choke
yes 90 ohm is required.
more the impedance it is better(90 ohm is practicable).
which report u have seen(regarding oscillator)??
can u provide link so that iw will go through it.

I send u the report in pdf file. You can go through it and give an idea on about this design.

check this links

this will help u in understanding & design

Added after 44 minutes:

I saw that report
I did not saw any feed back in the circuit,
because for oscillator there must be tuned circuit & 180deg. feedback
have u seen the circuit or just saw the report??
In the simulation

Added after 5 minutes:

i saw that 2 port network description is used in place of transistor.
no bias is given.
u better search for IEEE papers

Added after 1 minutes:

If u have any oscillator related papers with u
send me
i will see & tell u.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back