Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need Advice (Complete digital design book + hardware kit)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackOps

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, i am beginner in digital electronics. I want to pick up one good book for me, but of cuz i dont want only the book with theory, i need the real examples and practice. So, i also need to buy a hardware kit to use it with book.

i was surfing the net and found this:
"Digital Logic and Microprocessor Design with VHDL" by Enoch Hwang, and UP2 Development board from @ltera.

do u advice me to buy it? is it a good start and option?

or maybe there is something much more better? (i mean another good book + hardware kit!)

but i am looking for the book, which exactly uses some hardware kit as an example, and...which....for example builds some microprocessor at the end, with its architecture and instructions set...

ok, hope u understood me well, waiting for ur replies,

thanks in advance

You might want to start with tutorials provided on the vendor websites(altera, xilinx, aldec) before buying actual hardware. Hardware are getting cheaper and cheaper every day there is no reason to puy extra money while you are not ready

good lack

well..i think u are right, and i also heard about VHDL simulators for Windows! is it a good thing for practice??

for example can i build general purpose microprocessor on some VHDL simulator, and then run some assembler programs on that simulated processor?

and also please, give me advice which is the good simulator?

thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back