Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for a lamp controller circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

eng.

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Lamp Controller

hi
does anyone have a circuit that controls 220v lamps using a switch such that when the switch is pushed the lamps light for a determined time then turns off.

regards

Re: Lamp Controller

Why don't you try using 555 monostable timer and optoisolater.The switch will trigger the monostable for your required number of time which in turn would keep the lamp glowing with the help of optoisolaters..

This is a very simple idea, I already made it, but I do not know how to post diagram here for the time being. I hope you will understand what I type:

Use a triac (or SCR with bridge rectifier) as a switch for lamp.
Use a electrolytic capacitor of about 10uF/50V (how much is the capacitance depending how long the time you need, and the type of triac/SCR you use), with 10kohm resistor in parallel, connect (through a resistor of 100 ohm in series) to G and MT1/K terminals of the triac/SCR.
Use a button with a series resistor (its resistance of about 100kohm or other depending your choice of triac/SCR) connected between G terminal and mains.

Once you push the button, the capacitor is charged, triac/SCR is turned on and lamp lights. Then release the button, the capacitor discharges gradually while keeping triac/SCR on for a while.

Hope that clear enough.
nguyennam

Hi Eng,

Here's one, it's an old one, I designed it more than twenty years ago.

24_1175264079.gif

on1aag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back