Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Controlling a Servo just like a Stepper Motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

denizdogan

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Guys,

I'm having trouble with my servo. I'm using a PIC18F452 and a CCS compiler to drive it. My goal is to rotate it step by step (1 or 2 degrees of rotation at each step) and also it should spend equal amount of time at each step. In other words, I want stepper-like characteristics from it. I tried to use a variable duty-cycled PWM signal to drive it, but it didn't work, the steps weren't equally spaced.

Have any useful codes or advice? Any kind of help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance...

hi, are you using DC servo motor? If yes try to trigger when is your stop time then give a high signal to another terminal as both of the motor terminal get higj together will make it fast stop. Try it.

denizdogan

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
hey denizdogan,
what you are trying to do, from the control point of view, is that u want to control the position of a dc motor, so that it can follow a set profile equally spaced steps. I think this will involve a lot of controller tuning to overcome the system overshoot, oscillations and offset errors. Yoy may try and reach some satisfactory response, but to achive stepper motor like response, i think it's much easiet ro use a stepper motor.

Status
Not open for further replies.