Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help with displaying temperature values on 7 segment display

Status
Not open for further replies.

installer2001

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HELLO genious guys
i really need ur help
well i am making temperature sensor .well output of my TEMPERATURE SENSOR IS for e.g o.28 vlots for 28 degree ,0.29 vlots for 29 degree centigrade.
i want to display this o.28 volts as 28 on 7 segment display.
how can i do this
IN SHORT "I WNAT TO DISPLAY 0.28 as 28 on seven segment & .29 as 29 "
plz help me

second tell me any working circuitry of SIMPLE METAL DETECTOR
i tried many but no body works
plz plz plz help me

Re: help plz

U could amplify the voltage using an amplifier with gain 10. The important thing to keep in mind is that it has to maintain Its gain at DC too.

Good luck!

I think you'll use an ADC with accuricy of 0.01V step for analog input..
Then do what you want with the digital output :)

--
P.S.
(Please press the helped me button below :oops: )

Regards,
Yassorty,

In order to drive the 7segmens significant control lines and logic is required. Thus I would suggest that you add a small MCU like a PIC or AVR and use the ADC of the device to digitize the analog voltage from the sensor. No analog amplification is needed as this can easily done in the MCU.

Then use the value obtained with a look-up table to drive the 7segments. If done properly a small selft contained unit can be constructed that is not much bigger (if at all) than the 2 or 3 7segment displays.

Cheers
Slayer

In case you do not want to use a microcontroller, but just want to build a simple measuring and displaying circuit, for example, by using a ICL7107, it can be used for measuring your output range of sensor (some hundreds milivolts) and drive 3-1/2 7-segment LED display (please check this IC datasheet, and it is very popular).

So you will need to connect pins for hundreds and tens segments for number 28, 29, omit the pins for units and thousands. That's all.

The applications and typical circuit for ICL7107 is included in its datasheet.
nguyennam

If usng a microcontroller , use an opamp amplifier to scale the measurable temperature range into maximum ADC resolution. If no IC7107 or any led display driver ic will be the good choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back