Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me understand a microcontroller diagram

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Circuit diagram

This is a very simple microcontroller circuit with an ADC (analog to digital converter), an RTC (Real time clock IC), an RS232 IC for serial communication and it looks like there is an LCD interface.

The "Arrows" that you see are called "Off-page connectors". There are electrically tied together. They are used for schematic clarity. Otherwise, most schematics would look like a plate of spaghetti.

For example: EOC (end of coversion) coming from the ADC is electrically tied to the 10K series resistor connected to the base of the NPN transistor. When the schematic goes to the PCB layout engineer, these two points will be tied together.

Hope this helps,

Pld4me

Thanks.another thing which i would like to ask what is the purpose of Eoc sqw and Eoc ?

EOC (End of conversion) means the ADC has processed the analog input and is ready to supply the microcontroller with the digital data.

The SQW bit enables the oscillator output.

Regards,

Pld4me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back